Information You Provide to Us: At some Services, you can register, order products, enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters or text message alerts or participate in one of our online forums or communities. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect from You various forms of information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and credit card information.
At some Services, you may also be able to submit Information about other people. For example, you might submit a person’s name and e-mail address to send an electronic greeting card and, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you might submit the recipient’s name and address. This Information may include, for instance, a recipient’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected: We, third party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies and distribution or other partners may use automated means to collect various types of information about You, your computer or other device used to access our Services. A representative, non-exhaustive list of types of automatically collected information may include: network or internet protocol address and type of browser You are using (eg: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.), the type of operating system You are using (eg: Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the name of your internet service provider (eg: Hathway, Tata Docomo, etc) and domains used by service providers, mobile network, device identifiers, device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the Services You have visited, Services visited before and after You visit a Service, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Service, location information and the content and advertisements You have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on. Please see our Section titled Cookies and other user and other technology track for more information about how the foregoing information may be collected and used.
Geographic Location Information: If You are accessing a Service from a mobile device, You may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo location information with us to enable us to provide You with better customized Services of ours.
Information Collected By and From Social Media Services and Other Third Party Platforms: You can also engage in our content and other offerings on or through social media services or third party platforms such as Instagram, Facebook or other third party social media plug-ins, integrations and applications. When You engage with our content on or through social media services or other third party platforms, plug-ins, integrations or applications, you may allow us to have access to certain information in your profile which may include your name, e-mail address, photo, gender, birthday, location and ID associated with the applicable third party platform or social media account user files, like photos and videos, your list of friends or connections, people You follow and/or who follow You or your posts or “likes”.
Please note that No items of “sensitive personal data or information” as such term is defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices And Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 enacted under the Information Technology Act, 2000 shall be collected.
You hereby acknowledge to SHOUT! that:
- The information You provide to SHOUT! from time to time is and shall be authentic, correct, current and updated and You have all the rights, permissions and consents as may be required to provide such information to SHOUT!.
- Your providing information to SHOUT! and our consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders and decrees.
The information provided by You shall be stored in electronic form however certain data can also be stored in physical form. We may store, collect, process and use your data in countries other than the Republic of India but under compliance with the applicable laws. We may enter into agreements with third parties (in or outside India) to store or process tour information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on a commercial reasonable basis require from such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information/ data.
How We Use Information We Collect:
SHOUT! collects, uses, stores and processes your information for any purpose as may be permissible under applicable laws (including where the applicable law provides for such collection, usage, storage or processes in accordance with consent of the user) connected with a function or activity of SHOUT! and shall include the following:
- provide and communicate with You about the Services or your account with us,
- fulfil your requests regarding the Services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
- Respond to your inquiries and notify You if you have won a contest,
- to provide information to You about the products and Services available on the website and send You information, materials and offers form us.
- to send You important information regarding the website and administrative information,
- to send You surveys and marketing communications that We believe may be of interest to You,
- to personalize your experience on the website by presenting the advertisements, products and offers tailored to your preference and choice,
- in case you make a purchase of any product or avail of any service from the website, to complete and fulfil your purchase such as process your payments, communicate with You regarding your purchase, provide you with customer service etc,
- proper administration of the website and provide technical support for the Services,
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the website,
- prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Services
- send gifts, cards, invitations or emails if you use these services, to your designated recipients.
You hereby agree and acknowledge that the information so collected is for lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of SHOUT! or any person on their respective behalf, and the collection of information is necessary for the Purposes.
Information sharing and disclosure:
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of SHOUT!, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- To service providers or partners that we engage to perform business related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that conduct research analytics, create content, provide customer technical or operational support, conduct or support marketing, fulfil orders and user requests, handle payments, host our Services and other online communities, administer contests and other related supporting services
- To comply with applicable law, regulations, legal process or enforceable governmental requests;
- To enforce any of our applicable Terms of Service, including any potential violations;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of users of our Services or service providers, as well as the general public and SHOUT! as required or permitted by law.
- We may share personal information with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, reorganization, restructuring or dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SHOUT!’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding in which personal information stored by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- You further agree that such disclosure, sharing and transfer of your information personal and non-personal, shall not cause any wrongful loss to You or to any third party or any wrongful gain to us or to any third party.
This site sometimes may offer contests, promotions, applications, social network integrations etc. that are sponsored by or co-sponsored with identified third parties. Due to such sponsorship, these third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that is submitted in order to participate in the contest, promotions, etc. We do not control the third party sponsors’’ use of such information. We shall not be responsible for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by You from any third party website.
Security and Retention:
We strive to ensure that all of the information provided to us by You are protected and safeguarded against unauthorized access/alteration, disclosure or destruction. We have also adopted commercially reasonable electronic, physical, managerial and procedural controls which may include internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices, security measures, appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against such unauthorized access. You hereby waive and release us from any claim of damages under contract or under tort.
Presently, we do not store your credit/debit card information and all online purchasing is undertaken under the sole liability and responsibility of the payment gateway.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, We shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of us and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer, computer system or computer network, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of us), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
Further, beacons are used in email messages to measure the effectiveness of our messaging and how visitors use our website.
You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. This can be done by visiting the relevant support page for your browser.
Third-party Cookies Linked to Social Networks
Handling Complaints and Grievances from our Service Users:
Refund & Cancellation:
Refunds: Once membership is approved and the necessary amount is paid, no claims will be entertained for refund of money.
Cancellation: If, You desire to cancel the membership you can do so by visiting your account settings. Please note that though You may cancel the membership at any given point of time, once the necessary amount is paid such amount will not be refunded even if the membership is cancelled.
Intellectual Property Rights:
The content displayed on the website, trade marks, logos and service marks displayed on the website (“SHOUT! Marks”) are the property of SHOUT! or their vendors or respective third parties. These contents and SHOUT! Marks cannot be used by You without prior consent of SHOUT!, the vendor or the third party that may own the content and the SHOUT! Marks.
Updated: 31 August, 2018